Critical heart conditions like heart attacks, heart failure, valve disease, strokes and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs), peripheral arterial disease, aortic disease, cardiomyopathy, and a long list of other conditions are covered by cardiac health insurance plans. In recent years, heart disease has become so common among younger people. Previously, it primarily affected seniors, people over 60, and people with pre-existing heart conditions, but now both young people and older people are severely affected. To better control the situation, one can adopt healthy lifestyle habits and prepare for medical emergencies by purchasing a cardiac health insurance plan. This will ease the additional stress associated with treatment costs.
There are many different plans that insurance companies offer to their clients. Some examples include critical illness insurance, pre-existing illness insurance, senior citizen health insurance, coronavirus health insurance, etc. There are also heart patient health insurance plans that cover the cost of treating conditions related to the heart.
To better control the situation, one can adopt healthy lifestyle habits and prepare for medical emergencies by purchasing a cardiac health insurance plan. This will ease the additional stress associated with treatment costs.
Knowing that this list is not all-inclusive, let’s examine some of the heart attack warning signs:
- Pain in the chest that may be described as pressure, tightness, squeezing or aching
- Headaches or a sudden feeling of unsteadiness
- Cold sweat
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Lack of breath, etc.
Significance of health insurance for heart patients in India
The need for health insurance for heart patients has increased in India as a result of the sudden rise in health-related ailments and the cost of their treatments. Reduced financial burden and assistance with obtaining the best care to treat the illness are the top priorities of cardiac health insurance plans. Policyholders with pre-existing medical conditions can still benefit from these plans and receive the best care available. The following are some of the advantages provided by cardiac health insurance plans:
|Hospitalization costs are covered:||Under this plan, the insurance companies provide reimbursement to cover the costs of heart treatment, including pre-and post-hospitalization costs, medications, diagnostic tests, etc.|
|Lump sum payout:||If the policyholder has been diagnosed with a cardiac condition, the insurance companies will offer a lump sum for treatment needs.|
|Loss of income is covered:||The insured is given compensation for the loss of income. During prolonged medical treatment, the patient is typically unable to work, so he is given a payment that he can use to pay for his care or cover other expenses.|
|Financial protection:||Under a cardiac health insurance plan, the insurance company is responsible for covering all treatment-related costs. The insured person can concentrate on receiving the best care without being concerned about the cost.|
|Oversees treatment:||If a policyholder receives treatment outside of the country, the insurer will cover the costs following the terms of his cardiac health insurance plan.|
|Tax benefit:||Following the Income Tax Act of 1961, the premium for cardiac health insurance is tax deductible up to a maximum of Rs. 25,000.|
The following coverage is available if you buy a heart insurance policy for a heart patient in India:
Pre- and post-hospitalization expenses are covered under this health insurance plan like as they are under other health plans, along with the cost of the necessary treatments.
Treatment in the outpatient department (OPD): If the course of treatment necessitates frequent OPD visits, the cost of those consultations will also be covered by the cardiac health insurance plan.
Domiciliary care: If a doctor advises a patient to receive care at home, the cost of that care will be covered by the insurance company. However, doctors can recommend it in an emergency, so companies provide the claim taking that into account. Typically, senior citizens choose this type of treatment.
Annual Heart Checkups: To ensure that the illness has been identified early enough to be treated, health insurance for people with heart conditions provides free yearly examinations.
Hospitalization Expense: The Company pays for both treatment costs and hospitalization costs, including ICU fees. According to the terms of the insurance policy and the network hospital, the insured is typically given a lump sum amount instead of reimbursement for the cost.
Coverage for the Initial Heart Attack: The majority of health insurance plans typically provide coverage for medical care following the Initial Heart Attack. When a person has a heart attack, there is a chance that the heart muscle will stop working because of insufficient blood flow. As a result, the treatment is necessary and costly, and insurance pays for those costs. To ensure that the illness has been identified early enough to be treated, health insurance for people with heart conditions provides free yearly examinations.
Heart Failure: If cardiologist reports show this indication, treatment can move forward and the cost is covered by the insurer.
The following are some heart procedures that are typically covered by health insurance for heart patients, though this varies from policy to policy:
– Antithrombotic medication
– The procedure of coronary artery bypass grafting
– The implantation of an artificial pacemaker
– Heart valve surgery
– Implanting stents and performing coronary angioplasty
– Less intrusive heart surgery
– Surgery on mazes
– Repair of aneurysms
– Implanting a ventricular assist device, etc.
List of costs not covered by a cardiac health insurance plan:
– An intentional injury or a heart injury brought on by suicide.
– Pregnancy-related medical care, such as delivery, abortion, miscarriage, etc., is not covered.
– Heart disease was exaggerated by drug and alcohol use.
– Neither infertility testing nor IVF treatment is covered.
– Congenital illness is not covered
– Damage resulting from riots, war, strikes, etc.
How can a heart patient purchase a health insurance plan online?
- Before purchasing a health insurance policy, it’s crucial to compare the reasonable premiums and add-on benefits provided by the leading insurance providers in India.
- To receive better help in this regard, get in touch with Policyxplore.com, which offers comprehensive support by offering the best comparison, quotes, and add-on benefits.
- Some heart health insurance plans offer supplemental protection like in-home care, personal accident insurance, and fee waivers in critical circumstances, among other things.
- With help, you’ll be able to determine which cardiac by making a premium payment online, you can buy the health insurance plan that best suits you.
- The issued policy will be sent to your email address, and you can contact a health insurance expert at policyxplore.com with any questions you may have.
You can also send us an email at [email protected]